A project is a new site, which based on your design and layout can be a landing page, an article, a campaign, or whatever you set your mind on.
Creating a New Project
- Blank page: Choose if you want a blank canvas where you can start your project from scratch
- Template: Choose if you want to customize a pre-made project. See the section about the Content Editor.
When choosing a blank template, you will be redirected straight into a blank canvas where you can start working. The project will be named "New Project" by default.
In order to change the name of a project, click on the Vev logo in the top left corner. You will be directed to the Project Overview, where you can give your project a name:
From the Project Overview, you also have access to Publish Settings. When you are ready to publish a project, read about Hosting Settings here.
Sharing and Project Access Rights
- Under the Sharing tab, you can share access to a single project to external users. When you share access on a project level, the user will only have access to the one project and no other projects in the Workspace. To share access, add the user's email address and follow with step 2 and 3.
- Choose what access right you want to give the user: edit, read, or owner.
- Click "Add user" for people who already have a Vev account, or "invite" for people without. Invited users will receive an email with instructions to sign up.
- This section gives you information about existing Sharing settings from your Team and Workspace Settings.
- Change which Workspace has access to the project.
Duplicate any existing Project by entering the Project tab in the Workspace Overview. Navigate from the Project Overview to your Workspace by clicking the Workspace name. Here you can hover over the project you want to duplicate, and click the "Copy to Clipboard" button. You now paste the project into the same Workspace, or navigate to another Workspace and paste the Project.
You can now rename the Project and start working. The duplicated project is completely separated from its origin, and you can edit it freely.
Move a project from one Workspace to another using the "Move Project" button available when hovering over a project in the Project tab in the Workspace Overview.
Hover over the project and click the "Delete Project" button. You will be asked to approve the action before the Project is deleted.